What Educators need to know about Virtual Reality now
As we continue to develop our Tech Hub we have included two HTC VIVE sets. We open this to classes (booked by the teacher) for use and during lunchtimes for Student bookings. As you can imagine there was great demand and waiting lists to begin with and now we are seeing the same students booking every week or two. As a leader in digital learning I am doing what I can to source VR experiences, and as Steven quite rightly says is that these experiences don’ t have much of the “replay” appeal and other than the 360 experience it is not really something that couldn’t be experienced on a flat screen with a great deal less cost involved. Don’t get me wrong…I love the VR experience and I have seen some students experience things that they would never be able to experience in real life. One student who is wheelchair bound has journeyed to places in outer space, climbed Mount Everest and will soon walk the Kakoda Track (we have just downloaded this Australian Experience. As I read throu...
Comments
Post a Comment